Monday, March 14, 2011

A new Educational toy

Have you heard? There is something called a 'glog'. "Glog" is short for graphical blog and boy, oh boy are they fun! I have created six so far -- collections of links for our studies. If you are curious, here is a list:


Shakespeare's Twelfth Night: http://kerri2.edu.glogster.com/false/

Now, I have been the one making these for my sons to use in their studies but a lot of folks with computer savvy kids have been having their KIDS use glogs as a way of presenting the information that they collect on a particular subject. There is even a way to set up a 'classroom' with student accounts so that EVERYONE in the family (or Co-op) can make blogs. Truly, this is a wonderful educational 'toy' and I highly recommend it.

One last note before I run off to 'school' -- there are two levels to this site: One can create 'free' glogs -- and those are great. Or, if you really get hooked, you can pay for a premium membership... but you don't need to do so. So... go ahead. Give the site a test drive -- and if you look at my glogs, please leave feedback. They are still works in progress.

Have a bright, sunny, and disasterless day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glogs look very interesting. I think that I am going to have to play with them.